Monday, October 7, 2013

September Ipsy Glam Bag!


My September ipsy bag has finally arrived! Although it took forever to get here, I'm really excited about what I received in this month's bag. Ipsy ships using DHL Global Mail and likely holds the record for the slowest beauty subscription. Despite the numerous complaints, they don't seem to be changing carriers any time soon. Luckily the items in the bags usually make up for this!

 

This month's theme is "Classic Beauty" and strives to achieve those classic looks that women have embodied for generations. Here is what my bag included:


~NYX Single Eyeshadow (Deep Charcoal) ($4.50) This was the first item I pulled out of my bag. I was excited to see it since I do really love NYX products. It looks like a nice shade for winter.


 
 
~Elizabeth Mott's It's So Big Volumizing Mascara (Black) ($10) This mascara is great! Considering last month's mascara sample was such a flop, I'm excited this one works so well. The mascara wand itself is a unique hourglass shape that really helps to lift your lashes.
 
 
 
 
~Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil (Obsidian) ($12) I honestly expected more from this product. A few months back, ipsy subscribers received a Starlooks lip pencil that was so smooth and creamy, and I expected this eye pencil would be the same. The texture is very rough though, and it tends to pull on the eye when being used.
 
 
 
 


  ~Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm (Big Apple) ($19) Oh my god... This is easily the BEST product I have received in any of my ipsy bags so far. I can't even begin to explain how much I love this! If you're looking for a perfect red lip, this is your go to product. The color is so rich and pigmented, you would never believe it's considered a lip balm.

 
 How "Big Apple" looks when on
 
 
~Freeman's Beauty Paper Mask Set ($6) I've never tried paper masks before so I was excited to try these. When I saw these appear in my glam room I was honestly only expecting to receive one of the three masks. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw that ipsy sent us one of each! I liked these masks so much! They were extremely refreshing and pretty easy to use.
 

 
 

Overall, I'm really happy with my September glam bag. The value of my bag for this month was $51.50, which is great considering the subscription is only $10 a month!
 
What did you receive in your ipsy bag this month? Were you happy with the products? If you are interested in subscribing or would like more information about ipsy, click here!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment