Monday, October 14, 2013

Bath and Body Works Winter Candle Haul!


Hey Guys! I recently placed an order with Bath and Body Works and I picked up quite a few of their newly released winter candles.

Although I don't plan on burning these anytime soon, I figured I would share some of my thoughts on cold throw. Here are the candles I purchased:

 

I can't think of Winter or the Holidays without thinking of this candle! Fresh Balsam is and always will be one of my favorites. This candle smells exactly like a Christmas tree,  very fresh and invigorating. You can definitely pick up on the eucalyptus and fir needles in this candle, with a slight hint of musk. Love it!
 
 
 
This candle is new to me and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I definitely pick up on the fresh fig  in this candle and also a hint of an herbal scent. This candle has somewhat of an icy, cold tone to it which really fits the winter theme.  Despite what the label say, I really don't pick up on any sugar in this candle. This one isn't my favorite, but I'm hoping to like it more once it's burning.


 Harvest Gathering

This candle hits the scent description right on the head with warm notes of pumpkin, spice, and apple. I was pleasantly surprised by this candle. I think it'll be a great candle for the transition from Fall to Winter.

Eucalyptus Spearmint Stress Relief


Yes I know, this candle technically isn't a winter scent but I was in the need of a little stress relief. This is the only candle I have burned so far and I absolutely LOVE it. The throw of this candle is incredibly strong and it tends to linger long after being blown out. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get it in the new winter packaging though.


Winter

This candle and I have a love/hate relationship. I want to love this candle so badly because I love the notes within it, but it always seems to give me headache. This candle is an interesting blend of woods with a splash of clementine. The tone of this candle is very cool, on the verge of being icy.


Vanilla Snowflake

After all the hype this candle received last year, I thought it would be worth a shot to try it out. This candle has a creamy vanilla quality to it however the scent really isn't a "foody" vanilla. To me this candle embodies the creaminess of Frosted Cupcake with mint and coconut mixed it. If you're a fan of vanilla, you will probably like this candle.


Sparkling Icicles
This candle is beautiful! It sounds silly but this is probably the prettiest candle of the bunch. The wax is a gorgeous icy blue color and the ice skates on the label are very cute! Scent wise I really don't get any citrus or bergamont from this candle. To me it mostly smells like a woman's perfume.


Snow Day

Can I please just take a minute to express my LOVE for this candle. Perfection, Perfection, Perfection! It's safe to say that is one is my #1 favorite of all the candles I've purchased for this winter. This candle seamlessly blends peppermint, spruce, and sweet vanilla. Fresh Balsam meets Twisted Peppermint. If you only buy one candle this winter, this is the one to get!


Evergreen

 This candle is a classic pine scent that is very strong and potent. I don't love this scent as much as Fresh Balsam, however I do enjoy it enough to buy it every year. I'm absolutely loving the wax color this year as well! It's a gorgeous dark emerald color that's even prettier in person. 

I also purchased this candle in a mini. So cute!
 
 
 
Although this candle is technically a Fall scent, I feel like it will be a great transition candle from Fall into Winter. This candle is a warm, cozy blend of spicy caramel and nutmeg. I love this candle because the typical caramel you find in Bath and Body Works candles is super sweet and syrupy. This candle however has a delicious subtle caramel that is blended nicely with different spices.
 
Spiced Wreath (available in stores, not yet online in 3 wick)
Cinnamon, cinnamon, and more cinnamon! I honestly expected more from this candle. I really don't get any apple or vanilla from this candle, it's mostly just cinnamon. Why they didn't include in wreath or bayberry in this candle is just a mystery to me. It is called "spiced wreath"
 
 
 
After not seeing this candle on the list of winter candles, I was so excited to see this candle online! This candle is a staple for the winter season. Blending cranberries, vanilla, peach, and raspberry, this candle is just delicious!
 
 
There have been some obvious changes to Frosted Cranberry when comparing it to last years candle. This year's candle has a darker, maroon colored wax that I feel really captures the look of this candle. You can also see that the notes of the candle have been changed to include more fruits. Overall, I think the change greatly improves this candle.

Tis The Season

This candle is a classic scent for the Holidays! I decided to pick this candle up in a mini, because I still have an unused three-wick left over from last year. This candle is rich in apples, cider, and cinnamon but I don't get any hint of green pine as the label suggests.

Marshmallow Fireside

Sweet, toasty, and scrumptious what's not to love about Marshmallow Fireside? I already have this candle in a three wick, but I thought the label was so cute I had to get a mini as well.

 
I also picked up this holiday candle sleeve at my local store. So cute!
 
Hope you enjoyed this Winter Candle Haul! Which candles are you most excited for?



 


No comments:

Post a Comment