Friday, July 12, 2013

June 2013 Ipsy My Glam Bag Review


 
This review is awfully late considering that the July my glam bags are already on their way. Better late than never though, right? This is my first glam bag from ipsy!
 
 
Seriously, how CUTE is this months bag?! Cheetah pring with a lime colored zipper. What's not to love?! Ipsy doesn't have an information card included inside like most other monthly subscription boxes. Instead they include a card that lists all the brands used in that months bag and the various discounts offered to ipsy subscribers. The theme for the June 2013 ipsy bag was "On the Wild Side".
 
 
My glam bag included:
 
~NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush (Silky Rose) ($5): I love this blush! Its a beautiful matte plummy pink shade that seems to be pretty pigmented. This was one of the first product sneak peeks for this month and I was really excited to finally try something from NYX Cosmetics. I think it will be a great color for the summer months but also a good transition for when it starts to get cooler out.
 


 
~Starlooks Lip Pencil (Bare) ($12): Ehhh.. I'm not thrilled by this product mainly because I don't  care for nude lip colors. They tend to make me look like a corpse. I was hoping for a pink or coral shade but maybe I can a use for this. The formula is great though, very creamy and smooth.
 

 
~J. Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette (Volta) ($4.49): I was excited for this palette until I found out it was body glitter and not eye shadow. I'm kind of confused as to why Ipsy chose to put this this item in our bags and no one really seems to know what to do with it. It looks like the palette would be creamy but its actually just chucky clumps of glitter. This really isn't something I see myself using but I guess the point of Ipsy is to try new things right?
 
 
~Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil (Beautiful Blonde) ($18): This is why I subscribed to Ipsy, to try products like this! You can use this product to highlight your brow bones, hide dark circles, and conceal blemishes. So far I'm loving this! It works great and really makes a difference for under eye circles.
 
~Cailyn Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner (Iron) ($21): I'm equally excited and intimidated about trying this product. I've never been good with gel eyeliner but this one includes a built in brush which is suppose to be pretty easy to use. The formula is really smooth and I love the color!
 



 
The total of my June ipsy Glam Bag came to $60.49 which is awesome considering the subscription only costs $10/month! Overall I was pretty pleased with this bag. Aside from the glitter palette and the lip pencil color, I think I'll get a lot of use out of all the products.
 
What did you get in this month's ipsy bag? What did you think of the products you got? If you're interested in becoming a glam bag subscriber or learning more information, click here! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Friday!
 
 
-Elizabeth xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment